Wednesday, February 4, 2009

talking to God - you can listen or join the conversation if you like..

"...I felt the pain...but it was manageable. I could live through it. It didn't feel like the pain had weakened over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it." - from "New Moon"

So I wonder, is that how it all works? And is emotional pain that much different from physical pain? You would think that just like healing of physical wounds removes the pain so too, would healing eventually remove emotional pain.

"that which does not kill you only makes you stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Not a lot of comfort in thinking, "well thank goodness I'm not DEAD. whew, I should be stronger any day now..."

"we are perplexed but not driven to despair. we are hunted down
but never abandoned by God" - Paul (2 Cor. 4:9)

God, please don't abandon me. I know You won't but please convince me. I won't make it if you leave me.

"pain is temporary...we will transcend these circumstances,
that that this is not the life [God] has in store for [me]" - Kristin Armstrong

God, surprise me with more joy than I could ever imagine. But You know how bad I am with waiting so please indulge my weakness (yes, again...) and pull the curtain back so I can see.

1 comment:

Journal of Healing said...

Ennes, I pray for you constantly. You might recognize my face at Grace if you saw me, but most likely not. I am heartbroken over your pain and the pain your kids have had to go through. I am angry and baffled. I am grateful I found your blog; I will be able to pray for you even more. Please know that you are loved and that you are a tower of strength for me. I would be in a ball like Bella, but for too long. Hang in there and please, please, please believe that one more person, me, believes in you and all you are doing be the best damn mother you can. Loving you from a distance--Angie Brown --angddbrown@blotspot.com