Monday, January 19, 2009

change

I was reading Anne Lamott yesterday and she quoted Kathleen Norris: "prayer is not asking for what you think you want but asking to be changed in ways you can't imagine." At first I thought about how 'right' that kindof thinking is; I may think I know what I need but my imagination is so limited compared to what God could be dreaming up for me.

But then I got thinking about what it would take to be changed in those 'unimaginable' ways and I confess, I'm a little scared. Not that I don't trust God but the changing, the process can be so hard and honestly, I'm a little gun-shy when it comes to facing another struggle or difficulty. Between a rock and a hard place; I want God's dreams for me but if they could come via a less challenging route than the one I've been on lately...

1 comment:

Katie (Umbaugh) Aschliman said...

You are an encouragement to me. Your strength is beautiful. I'm not sure what to say except I hear you on change. I hate it, I don't like it, but I frequently ask for it because I know what can come out of the other side if I remain in Him through it.

You're loved & appreciated. Thanks for your words of encouragement this past weekend.

xoxo