Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a post-script

last wednesday after i taught the same lesson on hope one of the women in the class came to talk to me. she reminded me that we had met a couple of years ago in sojourn. i was hosting and after the service she handed me a prayer card - tears in her eyes. i asked her if there was anything i could do for her and she told me how sick her little boy was. we went into the prayer room and i prayed for her and her little boy.

i don't know if i've seen her since then...until wednesday night.

she showed me a picture of her little boy - healthy and happy looking. and she told me that there is hope and that i had been an agent of that in her life. she put her hands on my shoulders, looked me in eyes and told me that i am a strong woman of faith and to keep leaning on our Father.

you know, i think as we prayed together, my Abba knew how much those prayers would mean to my new friend and to me....two years later.

No comments: