Sunday, August 31, 2008

bear crawlin'

Last night the boys and I were at the Shopshires, hanging out, eating hamburgers when talk turned to football practice (of course...we're football 24/7 these days). Connor was going on about bear crawls and how hard they are to which I responded by saying even I could do them - they're not that big a deal. And then I put my money where my mouth was.

We went out to the front of the house, calculated how far 100 yards would be and after donning some gloves (the cement is HARD), I got down on my hands and feet (not knees) and went for it. Missy was so excited for me, she cheered me on the whole way and back again and if she hadn't I might not have made the last 10 yards. But I did it.

Connor was pretty proud, although still not willing to rejoin the football team (which he goes back and forth about all the time). He kept telling me that when he got to practice next week he'd tell the guys that his 41 year old "mama" can do bear crawls like they're nothin'. I thought maybe he could leave off the age part but whatever...

Later, Katie (of course =) ) pointed out to me that the boys have it a lot harder: they are wearing all their football equipment and have to crawl when it's hot and humid out plus they have to run and do all the other stuff for practice.

Ok, maybe leave the age part in...

1 comment:

Tyson Aschliman said...

I HATED bear crawls.

Such a strong "mama". God smiled down on that one, to be sure.